Day 1 of 31 Five Minute Free Writes: WHY


WHY DO I WRITE?
Photo Credit: Pexels.com

I am an introvert and always was- even before I knew about the word introvert.  I was also shy and insecure, and I kept to myself.  Then in fifth grade, I discovered writing.  My fifth grade teacher, Ms. McDonnell, commented on something I wrote, and right then, I knew I wanted to be a writer.  I discovered the relief and joy of letting it all out on paper.  Since then, I kept a journal and wrote my heart out, and continued to do that into my adult years.  No matter where I was and what was going on in my life, I had a notebook.   


These days, I find it difficult to get started.  Maybe it is because I am in school and I have to write so many essays, some about things I don't really care for.  But I want to write again.  Not to keep to myself but to give out words of encouragement to others.  To speak life to those who might feel hopeless.  I want to write to give people a glimpse of my cracks and even more so, to give people a glimpse of the Light that shines through these cracks.



No comments