13 of 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes: REACH

Photo by Swapnil Sharma from Pexels
Why is it that these prompts always bring me to God? Specifically God’s love.  Today, lyrics from the Third Day song comes to mind:

    “Your love, oh Lord,
    Reaches to the heavens
    Your faithfulness stretches to the sky
    Your righteousness is like the mighty    
    mountains
    Your justice flows like the ocean’s 
     tide.”

I love this imagery. We can’t reach the heavens. Whenever I look up at the clear night sky, I am in awe of billions of stars that splatter across the dark canvas and in awe of Creator who spoke it all to being. I cannot count all the stars in my lifetime and I cannot grasp the reach of His love in this lifetime, either.

All I know is that He loved me before I came to be.  He loved me even in my ugliest moments.  He loved me enough to die for me. 

What’s more, this love that reaches to the heavens isn’t just for me to keep to myself. It is for everyone. “He does not want anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance” (2 Peter 3:9).

I want to reach others for Christ so they can know this love that reaches to the heavens. Do YOU know this love?

No comments