15 of 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes: OPEN


Photo by ATC Comm Photo from Pexels

I want the Lord to open the eyes of my heart so that I can see people the way He sees them: lost and broken, but also His beloved children. 

I want the live this life with Open Hands, Willing Heart (a title of a book by Vivian Mabuni): open hands to serve the people God put in my life, heart willing serve them even when it isn’t so exciting.

What does this look like? 

To see my son not as a strong willed child but one who needs to know he is valued and he is heard.

To sit and watch TV with my husband when I want to squeeze another 20 minutes of workout or to do something “productive.”

To give grace and even more grace when it’s the last thing I want to do because I know I am right. 

To see that person who just rubs me the wrong way, as God’s child who just needs a giant hug.

To look the panhandler in the eye as I give him some money and tell him that God loves him, and I pray to God he won’t use this for drugs.

No comments