17 of 31 Days of Five Minute Free Writes: PERSON

I am not the same person I was ten years ago. I am not the same person I was even just four years ago. Some people take pride in being the same, unchanging person through the years, but I don’t. I believe that we are meant to continually grow and improve- make progress with ourselves and our lives. It isn’t a vertical, linear progress. It’s more of a scribble. You go up a little then go through a loop de loop that sets you back a few steps, then you’re on a plateau, and you go back up again, sometimes you might even just free fall straight down. But all the while you’re slowly but surely making progress upward.

This progress isn’t to a destination. It is a transformation.  I’d like to think that my own transformation is one that makes me more and more like Christ.  To surrender, and allow God to do His Work in my heart, and even if I take a few steps back, I am not discouraged because, “he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ” (Philippians 4:6).

No comments