12 of 31 Five Minute Free Writes: First

Photo by Miguel Á. Padriñán from Pexels
 
I want God to be first in my life. This is easier said than done.  Last Sunday, our lead pastor challenged us to question if God truly is first in our lives. Who or what drives us? Who or what is something we feel we cannot live without?

Truth be told, though I might say I want God to be first in my life, I don’t always act like it. There are so many things that compete to ne first in my life. I put my family first. I put my job first. I put my service to God first. I put others’ opinions of me first.

All of these aren’t bad things.  They are good things.  Every good and perfect gift, including our family, is from God.  But let us be careful not to worship creation, instead of the Creator. 

My prayer today is:
    One thing I ask from the Lord,
    this only do I seek:
    that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
    all the days of my life,
    to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
    and to seek in his temple. (Psalm 27:4)


No comments