Does God Really Care About THIS?

"Cast ALL your cares on the Lord, because He cares for You" (1 Peter 5:7, emphasis mine).

God has been making this verse real to me lately. Why was I even surprised?

Last Friday, I set about to do my shopping list for the holiday weekend.  My boys love their Applegate Farms hot dogs (I wrote about healthy barbecue ideas here).  Before I headed out to my twenty minute drive to the nearest grocery store, I checked Applegate's website to see if my local ShopRite carried them.

Not only did my local ShopRite carry Applegate products, many other stores in my surrounding area carried Applegate as well!

One of my many concerns about our move is finding gluten free, dairy free and organic options.  The supermarket chains near me are ShopRite and Price Chopper.  My past experience with these chains in other areas have not been positive when it came to gluten and dairy free options.  They often had limited products and were pricey.  I was pleasantly surprised when I went my local ShopRite and saw a HUGE selection of gluten and dairy free, organic, and even paleo friendly products!!!

On top of that, there is a farmer's market less than five minutes away from me that is open every Saturday.  How AMAZING is that?!?

Big boy with his new found friends.
Another concern I have is whether or not my boys will adjust and make new friends.  A few weeks ago, we met our neighbors.  They had two boys who were much older than ours but they clicked with my eldest immediately.  The neighbors' boys tried to get younger son to warm up but, like, me,he takes awhile to warm up to others and hid in the car.  These neighbors invited us to their Fourth of July barbecue.  Son #1 met two children who attend his new school- a girl in his grade and a boy in the eighth grade. Son #2, my shy, off-standish child, met a boy his age (went to a different school) and eventually warmed up to the other children.

SO what's the moral of the story?  God has a magic wand that HE waves to grant our wishes? Of course, NOT!

GOD CARES about EVERY DETAIL of our lives.  God already knew wher
e we were headed. As with a lot of things in my life, moving right here is no coincidence.  This food thing may not seem like a big deal to you, but it is to me. This little It's just another reminder that GOD CARES. REALLY, He does.

I was reluctant about the move for so many reasons.  There WERE a lot of pros about the move, but I was comfortable where we were.  We have developed relationships in our old home.  The boys and I have friends in the community. However, I decided to trust my husband and went along with this new adventure. The transition from waterfront suburbia minutes from the ocean to the rural mountains will be a growth opportunity for our whole family. With the transition comes a list of cares and concerns some small, like the ones I shared here, and some cares are big.  However, I am keeping 1 Peter 5:7 in the forefront of my mind and heart, knowing that God cares for every area of my life.

No comments