Top 3 Reasons People Quit Their Fitness Goals (and How to Get Rid of those Excuses)

It is mid-January, and I have received messages from people saying that their resolve is starting to wane.  Sadly, these friends of mine are not alone.  Only 8% of people achieve success in their resolutions.  For this post, I will give you the top 3 reasons people quit on their fitness goal and my tips on how to counter those reasons (in no particular order): 
REASON #1: NO TIME
Life gets in the way. You work a full time job.  Your kids play sports and have after school activities.  You have a home to clean.  And on and on and on and on.  I hear you. I'm right there with you.  However, I am able to fit in my workout.  Why? Because I work out at home.  If I had to go to the gym or a class, I wouldn't workout.  From the comfort of my home, I can pick out whatever workout I want to do (depending on the amount of time I have) and when I workout.  Sometimes, I workout in the morning after I read my Bible.  Other times, I workout right before I go to work (I do a quick shower after without washing my hair- thank God for dry shampoo!!!).  Other times, I  work out at night.

There are so many options that will allow you to work out from home in as little as 30 minutes (sometimes even less!).  All you need to do is have the initiative to push play.
When I tell people to workout from home, they often respond, "BUT I WILL NEVER TAKE THE INITIATIVE, I NEED TO GO TO A GYM OR CLASS." My question is WHY?  If time is the reason you are not working out, try working out from home.  You just need to make it a habit.  Why not try working out from home for 3-4 weeks?  And if you are looking for accountability, let's talk.
 

REASON #2: NO MONEY

You don't need a gym membership, a personal trainer, or a fitness class to get fit.  Again, if you work out at home, you will save a lot of money.
     > Use your stairs at home or work for some cardio.
     > Do body weight (no equipment workouts).  Check out my Facebook page for workouts you can 
     do anywhere.
     >Hike, walk, run, play ball outside with your family.
    >Try low cost home workout programs  (take advantage of the free 30 day offer).



REASON #3: WORKING OUT IS BORING.
     >Find an activity you enjoy.  I'm not a runner, so as much as I would love to work towards a half
     marathon, I haven't done it because I don't like running.  Dance. Do martial arts. Play volleyball. 
     > Find a workout buddy. 
     > Change things up. Try something new away from your regular routine. (see find an activity you
     enjoy).

Don't let life get in the way of your health.   If you are serious about getting fit but just need a boost to get going, why not join me and my friends for our next faith based fitness in the Faith, Fitness, and Fellowship Community What are other reasons that you can think of?

No comments