2017 Plans

Happy New Year!  Aren't you glad it's 2017?

A lot has happened in 2016 and it included a blogging break from this blog so that I can dedicate more time in Read Pray Move Ministry.  However, at the end of 2016, Read Pray Move Ministry had to face a major change.  You can read more about it here.  In a way, it is a relief to enter into 2017 with a new direction, but to tell you the truth, I am a little apprehensive.  We hit the ground running in 2016 with our game plan and schedule, and things didn't turn out quite the way we planned it. 

Although 2016 was a whirlwind of unmet expectations, God's timing was and always is impeccable.  Towards the end of the year, I was blessed to have two weeks off from school for Christmas break.   In the last two weeks, I spent my free time digging into God's Word and reading Wild and Free.  In my digging, and a few devotionals I have read, I came across Proverbs 19:21,"Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails."



I have read and quoted this verse before.  However, as I was praying for my verse for 2017, this came to me loud and clear from more than one source. This short, two part Proverb was exactly what I needed  to remind me that GOD IS ALWAYS IN CONTROL.  I am here for God's glory and purpose. I won't waste my time lamenting over 2016.  All I know is that I have learned not to ignore the still small voice that tells me to pause as long as I need to for God's leading.  But what does this mean for me for 2017?

     1- I will set my goals, but it will be wide open to God's leading.  As much as I want to have a set
     game plan for my ministry and business, I won't set it all in stone.   

     2- I will create more white space by going back to the priceless lessons I have learned from
     The Best Yes by Lysa Terkeurst.

     3- I will still provide support for those who seek to get healthy through my challenge groups and  
     also through our online community, Faith, Fitness, and Fellowship.

     4- Something that I would really like to work on is limiting my time in social media.  I don't
     know what exactly this looks like but I know that it includes regular breaks. 

One of my plans for 2017 is to send out a weekly Health and Fitness related email that will include a motivational or inspirational message, a recipe, and a bonus workout circuit.  If you are interested in receiving this email, please sign up here.

Here's to a freeing yet productive 2017!

-Marie

No comments