Game Day Recipes (2018)





It’s that time of year again!  In less than two weeks, millions of Americans will be watching the biggest game of the year.  THE SUPER BOWL!!  I remember the first time I ever heard about the Super Bowl.  I was in 8th grade.  It was the Dallas Cowboys and the Buffalo Bills, and Michael Jackson on the half-time show.  I remember this because my parents held a Super Bowl party in our house.  My dad loved (and still loves) to cook and had a great spread for us.  I don’t remember what we had.  I just know there was a lot of food, and a lot of beer (for the grown ups), and we had a party ON A SUNDAY.
 
I have some friends that could care less about football, but are Super Bowl enthusiasts.  What’s not to love?  FOOD, FRIENDS, HYSTERICAL COMMERCIALS, AND A KICK BUTT, SOMETIMES JAW DROPPING, HALF-TIME SHOW.  Thanks to my husband, I enjoy watching football.  And on football season, you can count on finding us eating hot wings and maybe other game day food EVERY SINGLE SUNDAY.  It’s our thing.  I’ve been able to find healthier options.  With the power of GOOGLE, we really don’t have a reason not to try healthier options.

On Super Bowl Sunday this year, I will be on day 21 of the 80 Day Obsession, so I have to make sure I plan my meals accordingly even for Super Bowl Sunday.  I’ve rounded up some new game day recipes that you can perhaps try on Game Day, even if you’re not on doing 80 Day Obsession.

Shrimp Ceviche (not for me because I’m allergic to shrimp, but for my shrimp loving family)

Image Credit: BeachbodyonDemand.com




Image Credit: Skinnytaste.com













Pulled Chipotle Chicken with Cilantro Slaw
(this is delicious, but I made and used this adobo sauce)
Image Credit: BeachbodyonDemand.com











Slow Cooker Beef Chili (you can also sub the beef for venison)

And one of my FAVORITE dishes:
Loaded Plantain Nachos  *I make my own plantain chips (see recipe below).


EASY PLANTAIN NACHO CHIPS
3-5 Green Plantains (or more depending on how much you want to make), sliced into thin circles
3 tsp melted coconut oil or EEVOO (just enough to coat the plantains)
Sea Salt
1     Preheat oven to 350F.
        Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
        In a bowl, toss plantains with oil. Sprinkle with sea salt.
       Layout (single layer, don’t overlap) on your baking sheet.
    Bake for about 20 minutes.  You will need to repeat this process until you have baked all your plantains.
6       ENJOY!!!

      Will you be watching the game for the GAME or for the commercials?  I would also LOVE to get some more game day recipes, so please share your favorite HEALTHY game day recipes below!

No comments